Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Star Art

I have my classroom decorated with stars this year. So I thought we should do a star art project during the first week. I originally was going to have it be a writing project where they wrote what they were good at on one point and what their goal was for this year on another point, and drew a picture of themself on another point, and so on.

But I decided on another project (coming soon) instead. But I still wanted to have them create a star. So I looked online and found a great idea on Eric Carle's website. I used Theresa Maddock's idea. My students painted aluminum foil. Then we let it dry overnight. Then I cut the aluminum foil into small pieces and they used it to create a collage on a cardstock star by gluing the pieces of foil all over the star. They turned out quite nice. Next time, I think I would just have them paint paper rather than foil...it seemed a little harder to work with. But it was a nice project just the same.

For the fast finishers, I gave them a blank star and just let them use markers to decorate the star any way they wanted, and they really enjoyed that as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!