Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Put Your Best Foot Forward

I hung a sign with this saying on my bulletin board in the hall a couple of days before school was going to start...and it led me to this art/writing project idea that I had my students complete the first week of school.

I printed out a shoe (found a template in clipart) and then had students write their name at the top. I had them draw a picture of themselves in the middle (although I could have let them glue a photo of themselves there too...). On the sole of the shoe, they wrote something that makes them special. (I loved reading these!) On the toe of the shoe, they wrote a goal for this year, what they are going to get better at. On the heel of the shoe, they wrote what they are good at. Then they could color and decorate their shoe. I think they turned out really cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!