Friday, August 17, 2012

Fascinating Fact Friday

I've decided that since I love to learn new things, I am going to record one fascinating new fact I learn each Friday. I will post it here and also post it in my classroom.

My facts today come from my husband who was watching a show on Hulu Plus called I Predator. This particular episode was about lions.

*Lions can jump 35 feet! (The lion can outjump Olympic long jumpers!)

*A lion's canines are exactly four inches apart...the same width as a buffalo's throat, making for an easy kill.

*You can tell a lion's age by the color of its nose. Its nose darkens as it ages.

Have you learned a fascinating fact this week? What is it? Be sure to leave it in a comment...or better yet...blog about it and then put the link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!